3500kg Material Handling Machine
Scope of work:
- Design a custom material handler based around client specifications for the down draft plasma area.
- Carry out risk assessment at design stage in accordance with CE marking process.
- Visit client for design approval meeting.
- Manufacture to Acres drawing number: 2012-01-8893, approved by client.
- Carry out CE marking exercise.
- Assemble, test and trial on site at Acres Engineering (clients attendance required).
- Deliver, install and commission on site at clients manufacturing facility. Installation includes supplying and running additional cables required.
- Carry out final risk assessment.
- Issue CE plate and certificate.
Material handler specification:
- Rotate a block with a maximum size of 1500mm long x 600mm wide x 600mm height
- Rotate a block with a minimum size of 400mm long x 200mm wide x 400mm height.
- Operate using a switch placed by the plasma machine console.
- The operator to always stay on the controls, manual push button operation.
- A weld mesh cage compound around the material handler with an interlocked door.
- Conform to Statutory health and safety requirements.
- The material handler will be loaded by a 10tonne overhead crane.
- The machine is to be fixed within the location and not portable, bolted to the floor.
- Acres to install on site.
- The material handler will be 24v control, have a master on/ off, reset and an emergency stop.
Acres ensures that all hazards discovered during the risk assessment process are guarded, where possible. Any hazards that cannot be labelled will be highlighted and warning labels applied.
Acres carry out a load test and issue a SWL certificate for the product (client to provide test pieces up to double the required load).
All machinery supplied by Acres Engineering comes with an operation and maintenance manual. Customers receive both a printed and an electronic copy.
Have a design and development project you want the Acres team to look at? Can’t see what you want? Need something different?
Acres Engineering is established as a leader in delivering bespoke creative engineered solutions. Many OEM’s and tier one/ two suppliers in aerospace, automotive, rail and power generation industries have chosen us as their solutions partner because of our innovative attitude towards individual challenges and commitment to continual improvement.